It’s the first Garmin bike computer that integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 1000 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including Vector™, our unique pedal-based power meter that measures total power, left/right balance and cadence.
GARMIN EDGE 1000
I have used just about every Garmin computer and product over the last 10 years. The Garmin Edge 1000 is my main cycling computer as it has all of the integral cycling power dynamics with large screen and touch display. Garmin Edge 1000 as a 3-inch large display that is easy to navigate and customize. The main reason that I bought the Garmin Edge is because it’s fully integrated with a cycling dynamic with my Vector 3 power pedals. This not only gives me the input that I need for left and right balance, but truly give me the information I need that is essential for my cycling pedal perfection. The 240 x 400-pixel touchscreen is an impressive 3 inches and also has an ambient light sensor that adjust to different brightness is in changing environmental conditions. The screens are fully customizable with up to 10 data fields that can easily switch between screens to what you’d like to see at that moment. The Edge is compatible with Ant+ speed, cadence, heart rate sensors and also integrate with a Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems. The Garmin was revolutionary in the cycling dynamics with the Vector 3 as shows pedal stroke, Power phase and platform offset of the metrics of power. It is easily paired with the smart phone and Garmin Connect mobile app and offers a multitude of features including live tracking, incoming call, text alert, social media to name a few. The Edge 1000 is fairly priced for around $500 it is well worth the upgrade of my previous 820. The Garmin Edge 1000 defines all levels of cycling and power dynamics that I need to implement interval training with improved dynamics in left and right balance. It is essential gear in the cycling world with seamless set up and power integration for a fair price.
- Large 3.0″ Display – See what you need with ease and stay focused on the road ahead.
- Edge 1000 uses a glove-friendly, touchscreen Display that adjusts automatically for low-light areas, such as shade and tunnels
- Smart Notifications – See your text, email and call Notifications from your iPhone 4s or later while riding
- Includes: Edge 1000, extended out-front mount, standard mount, preloaded maps, tether, USB cable, manuals
- “In-ride competitions through Garmin Connect™ segments
- On-road or off-road navigation and points of interest with preloaded Garmin Cycle Map
- Input a distance and choose from up to 3 round-trip ride options
- Instant uploads to Garmin Connect™ Mobile to analyze and share
- Connected features¹: incoming call and text alerts², live tracking, sending/receiving courses, social media sharing, weather
- Improved size of high-resolution screen and high sensitivity of touch
- Lots of data fields possibilities
- Excellent Advance Performance analysis
- Easy to use, pair with sensors and customize data screens
- 12 hours of Battery life
• $449 is fairly expensive, but worth the price
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Garmin Edge 1000 defines all levels of cycling and power dynamics that I need to implement interval training with improved dynamics in left and right balance. It is essential gear in the cycling world with seamless set up and power integration for a fair price.
To purchase or for additional info go to https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/134491