With six years of technology developments and our most advanced race insert to date, the Equipe RS Bib Shorts S9 forge new ground, bringing unmatched stability and comfort to your most demanding speed-focused applications.
ASSOS EQUIPE RS BIB SHORTS S9
My history with Assos spans the last 12 years beginning with the FI.13 with most of my last several years on a virtual trainer were approximately 70% of my training has been on the ASSOS family. The Assos brand is comfort, performance and durability that stands the test of thousands of miles which is why I choose the newest generation called the Equip RS bibs shorts S9. I truly feel the S9 was my successor to one of my favorite for the last 25,000 miles which is the Equip S7 bibs. After six years of research, the S9 has an advanced insert and framework system that not only improves the function and performance but comfort at the same time. The bracing system called the A Lock engineer stabilizes both the shorts and secures the insert at the same time. The butterfly insert frames the insert along with the butterfly panel around the ledge creating an impressive support system. There are fewer seems to this butterfly pattern which gives you a more uniform hold and superior comfort weighing less at the same time. The rollBar is similar to a race car with the anti-sway bar which helps stabilize the insert and transfers the weight from side to side as needed. There is limited vertical stretch due to the carbon Xbib which is both antibacterial and moisture wicking at the same time. The legs are held in place by ultralight leg gripper which is comprised of a light silicon treatment woven into the bands which reduces movement and pressure at the same time. The 3-D waffle pad increases breathability and shock absorption due to the patented three-layer composition. The bibs are a lot more affordable than many other predecessors which I purchased for approximately $260. Based upon my extensive history with ASSOS, the durability, comfort and performance has just begun in the first several months of riding. Whether you are riding an easy 60-minute workout or extended 2 plus hour work out, the ASSOS Equip RS S9 are the true advancement of research and continued development of the last six years. The RS S9 enhances the cycling experience will truly be worth the affordable price for many thousands of miles to come.
- Six years in development and testing in the harshest conditions
- A-Lock engineering stabilizes the shorts
- 30% Fewer seams that is more lightweight has a uniform fit
- Type.441 fabric delivers compression and durability
- RollBar bib-strap bracing system secures the pad insert so that everything is in the right place when cornering or riding out of the saddle
- ErgoBox panel construction frames the pad insert in the back adding further stability
- Carbon Xbib is a single section of bib strap material with tuned elasticity
- Butterfly Pattern single fabric panel delivers consistent hold and keeps weight down
- SuperAir microshock foam in the pad insert ensures shock-absorbing comfort thanks ultralight open cell foam
- Reinforced central stitch, called the Horizontal Stabilizer, locks in the pad insert
- GoldenGate technology enables fluid movement with reduced friction thanks to stitch-free side panel design
- Reasonably priced around $260
- Incredibly comfortable for long and short rides
- Prevents tissue damage and bacterial growth
- Superior fabric for compression, stabilization, recovery and performance
- Exceptional Durability and long-lasting wash after wash
- Excellent Chamois for protection and undersurface support
- Reduced and aerodynamically placed seams for decreased drag and improved speed
THE BOTTOM LINE
Based upon my extensive history with ASSOS, the durability, comfort and performance has just begun in the first several months of riding. Whether you are riding an easy 60-minute workout or extended 2 plus hour work out, the ASSOS Equip RS S9 are the true advancement of research and continued development of the last six years. The RS S9 enhances the cycling experience will truly be worth the affordable price for many thousands of miles to come.
To purchase or for additional info go to https://us.assos.com/equipe-rs-bib-shorts-s9?gender=M&color=113