The Nike Metcon 5 is our most tuned Metcon yet. This means specific stability for heavy lifting, traction made for speed, and durability where you need it. It even includes a Hyperlift insert that’s compatible with all prior versions of the Metcon. Meet your secret weapon for weightlifting and high-impact training.
NIKE METCON 5
Several years ago, I demoed the Nike Metcon 4 for which was a decent shoe. I have been looking forward to is upgraded version the Nike Metcon 5. I do feel this will be the shoe of choice for 2020, not only for the increased lifting stability, excellent traction and overall durability no matter what type of CrossFit I am using. So here are the specifics. The rubber outsole seems extremely durable and has an excellent gripping surface. The rubber outsole seems more stable with the additional tread and wider heel. The Hyperlift insert which is included has a slight offset of 8mm which improves stability especially in general lifting movements. The shoe is extremely comfortable with the dual density cushioning system. The shoe costs approximately $130 which is the excellent overall cost for the type of shoe. I upgraded with a fully customized for about another $20 which was well worth the added look that I preferred. The Nike Metcon 5 is an excellent overall athletic and CrossFit shoe that is extremely durable, comfortable and supportive for a very affordable price.
- Rubber outsole features durable tread for all activities
- Directional traction underfoot and up the sides: Helps for quicker pushing and climbing
- TPU heel clip for enhanced wall push-ups and wall routines
- Dual density cushioning which allows for a softer forefoot
- A low, flat and wide heel now features a removable Hyperlift insert (8mm) that adds offset to help improve stability for squats, wall balls and thrusters.
- Foam is firmer under the heel for a secure feel, and softer in the forefoot to cushion high impact moves
- Impressive cushion response and impact absorption
- Comfortable and stable fit providing minimal movement
- Superior traction with medium outsole flexion for a variety of activities
- Affordably priced around $130
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Nike Metcon 5 is an excellent overall athletic and CrossFit shoe that is extremely durable, comfortable and supportive for a very affordable price.