Iron Neck combines horizontal and rotational resistance with concentric training to strengthen the neck’s natural movement patterns, providing a solution for reducing and preventing injuries, poor posture and improving overall wellness.
As I stated in a previous article, the most neglected exercise I believe it is highly overlooked is working the neck region. Over the last 40 years, I’ve use resistance bands, neck harness and now the Iron Neck. There are many key factors of the Iron Neck, that make it an essential part of my health, post rehabilitation injury prevention and posture improvement from this day forward. The Iron Neck was developed by a pro former football player Mike Jolley and a certified trainer. One of the many things that separates the Iron Neck is that it allows you to work the neck muscles in both horizontal and rotational resistance planes mirroring the natural movement of the neck. The Pro model has a built-in dial and braking system that allows you to change the concentric level of movement that is far exceeding any other Nick machine or strap I have used in the past. While there are three different versions which include the home, varsity and the top of the line Pro model (which does offer the adjustable rotational resistance with Dial) and does cost the most, but is well worth the ticket. Set up is simple, just strap it on, pump up the air pump to a very snug fit, choose the resistance band which start at 10, 25, 35 and maximum of 50 pounds. With all my athletic and auto accident in the past and the extensive level of computer mechanics of my current chiropractic profession, this Iron Neck was instrumental in reducing the amount of neck stiffness/tension and overall pain. I truly feel that it is one of the most essential pieces of gear that young and old, beginner thru competitive or someone who was a serious injury can benefit from the Iron Neck. You can train all the muscles of the neck in every plane of 360 degrees of motion with the incremental resistance bands and adjustable rotational dial. The Iron Neck will reduce injury, speed your healing process, and decrease the global effects of poor posture with the extensive Technology we use on a daily basis.
- Developed by certified trainer and former pro football player Mike Jolly
- Specialized for the natural, all-plane movements of the diagonal fibers in your neck muscles
- 3 Home, Varsity and Pro Models
- Adjustable custom fit pump button + chin strap for stable hold
- Built in Adjustable Rotational Resistance dial and braking system (Pro model only)
- Neck Size Options: Standard (cap sizes 6.5″ – 7.5″) or Large (cap sizes 7.5″ – 8.25″)
- Resistance Band Options: Super Heavy (50LB max resistance), Very Heavy (35LB), Heavy (25LB) with Length Options of 2’ or 3’
- After use: unclip the chin strap, press air-release button, remove, wipe clean, and store
- Suitable for all athletes, this advanced neck strengthening device offers full range isometric and concentric strength training with adjustable rotational resistance
- Simple to use with easy setup and instruction videos
- Increases ranges of Motions and muscle strength
- Highly effective in strengthening neck musculature and preventing injuries
- Ideal for all sports and competitive levels
- Incremental band levels and dialed rotational resistance
- Pricy at $599 with more affordable models to choose from, but well worth the cost for reducing pain and preventing injuries
THE BOTTOM LINE
I truly feel that it is one of the most essential pieces of gear that young and old, beginner thru competitive or someone who was a serious injury can benefit from the Iron Neck. You can train all the muscles of the neck in every plane of 360 degrees of motion with the incremental resistance bands and adjustable rotational dial. The Iron Neck will reduce injury, speed your healing process, and decrease the global effects of poor posture with the extensive Technology we use on a daily basis.
To purchase or for additional info go to https://www.iron-neck.com/pages/iron-neck-models